If one wants to get to world class as human being, first thing he needs to do is getting up early. We should take a ‘holy hour’ every morning to feed the mind, care for body and to develop the character. I know its very difficult for people to give an hour but atleast you can try?
It is so easy to gorget that our outer lives reflect our inner lives and that by getting up earlier each day to do some internal work, our days will become dramatically better. How can you be a positive source of energy to those around you when you have no energy? That ‘holy hour’ infuses every remaining minute of your day with a perspective that elevates each area of life.
Here are six practical tactics to help you get up early
1) Dont eat after 7 pm: You’ll sleep more deeply and more sweetly. It’s the quality, not the quantity, of sleep that’s important.
2) Don’t lounge in bed after your alarm clock goes off: Jump out of bed and start your day. The more time you lie in bed after the alarm clock goes off, the greater the likelihood that the chatter of your mind will say something like, “Stay in bed. Sleep a bit more. The bed is warm. You deserve it.”
3) Get into world-class physical condition: This is a big idea, When you are in excellent physical shape working out and eating ultra-well it is easy to jump out of bed early. Being fit is a brilliant move that will positively influence every area of your life.
4) Set BHAGs: Jim Collins coined the term “BHAGs” meaning Big Hairy Audacious Goals, in his book Built to Last. Goals breathe life into your days. Most people don’t get up early because they have no reason to. The secret of passion is purpose. Goals inspire you and give you something to get out of bed for.
5) Set your alarm clock 30 minutes fast: I know this tactic seems silly but it works.
6) Give it 30 days: Just give it a try for 30 days.
“There will be plenty of time to sleep when you are dead.”