1) How you think is everything:Remember to think “POSITIVE” at every opportunity. Visualize success, not failure. Avoid negative environments and people. You are what you think. In fact, study shows that positive thinking actually increases longevity.
2) Decide on your dreams and goals: Be specific about your goals. For example, say “I am taking music class next month,” rather than “I would like to take a music class sometime.” Create a plan to reach your goals, and stick to it.
3) Take action: Goals alone have no meaning. You need to take action to make them real. Don’t let fear hold you back. “Just Do it.”
4) Never stop learning: Take classes, go back to school, read books, join a discussion group. If you are interested in a asubject, make time to learn about it. Keep acquiring new skills.
5) Be persistent and work hard: You’ve probably heard the expression, “success is a marathon, not a sprint.” Keep your eye on the goal, and keep working towards it. Don’t give up.
6) Learn to analyse details: Get all the facts, and ask for input. This will help you make wiser decisions. Acknowledge your mistakes, but don’t beat yourself up. Learn from your mistakes.
7) Focus your time and money: When you believe in something, put your attention and energy there. Don’t let others distract you.
8) Don’t be afraid do innovate; be different: Be true to yourself, and have your own ideas. Following the crowd is a path to mediocrity.
9) Communicate with people effectively: Remember that no person is an island. Communicate your thoughts and desires honestly, and encourage other to communicate honestly with you. Practice understanding and motivating other people.
10) Be honest and dependable; take responsibility for what you do: Never cheat or lie. When you make a promise, keep it. When you screw up, admit it. Without honesty dependability and responsibility, the other nine secrets of success don’t add up to much.